An experienced financial controller is required in a half day position.
Place of work: Marlboro, Sandton
- Conduct daily financial administration requirements, month-end processing and bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts timeously.
- Compile and manage budgets and forecasts.
- Handle audit queries and liaise with auditors in the preparation of Financial Statements.
- Compile SARS-related tax submissions including PAYE, UIF, Income Tax and Vat as well as other statutory reports (e.g. CIPC)
- Suggest improvements to ensure cost saving and effective business management.
- Manage the invoicing function, employ stringent debtor management, and manage queries regarding suppliers or debtors.
- Track the company’s financial performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Provide insightful information to assist the management team in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Computer Skills to include MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Sage / Pastel skills
Qualifications and experience needed:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 years’ experience relevant to the position (for example, as a Chartered Accountant, Accountant (Non-CA), Financial Controller, Financial Manager).
- An understanding of the transport sector would be a plus
The ideal Candidate is:
- Hardworking, driven and passionate
- Deadline driven
- Superior attention to detail
- Well organized, and ability to take ownership
- Ability to multi-task
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal)
- Shows adaptability and resilience in the context of a growing business