It’s the start of the new year and many of us are busy organising the kids’ new timetables, working out new school routes and just generally trying to get ourselves organised!
If you are a working parent, or a busy stay at home parent, have you thought about the logistics of taking and fetching your children to and from school and their extra-murals each day? And if you have multiple children at different schools have you worked out how you are going to manage the juggling act?
We understand. That is why we do what we do. We help parents ensure that transporting your child is one less thing you have to worry about. And to give you piece of mind that by entrusting us, your child will be kept safe and happy.
One of the questions we get asked is ‘Why is your service more expensive than other external transport providers?’ or ‘Did you know I could put my child in a taxi for much less than what you have quoted?’. So, we thought we would address this head on and put our hands in the air here to say ‘Yes. You are correct, we are more expensive’. BUT here is why…
- We’re not selling kilometres. We’re selling peace of mind in the form of travelling childcare. Almost anyone can drive a car, but not everyone is trained to balance the skill of caring for children whilst traversing one of the most dangerous places in SA, our roads.
- Our drivers are simply never alone on the roads. We’re not just giving you a driver. Every one of our superwomen comes with a highly skilled behind the scenes team who is behind her every turn of the wheel. We believe in safety in numbers, and we know that this means that your driver needs extensive backup so that she can focus on nothing else but driving your child safely, happily and according to the highest standards of practise.
- Our vehicles are checked every. single.
day before making any trip to ensure they are completely safe and roadworthy.
- We only hire female drivers – each
driver is regularly trained and upskilled in first aid, hijack prevention,
defensive driving, how to communicate appropriately with your child, to name a
few. Find out more about our drivers here: https://coolkidscabs.co.za/our-drivers/
- Having a driver’s license doesn’t
make you a good driver… Our take on process makes ‘screening’ look like child’s
play… forget simply getting references and criminal checks, all our drivers obviously
have these things done, but before they even start driving for us they’re put
through stringent theoretical testing as well as practically assessed driving
on the roads. They also spend a gruelling few weeks on the road with senior
drivers and get extensive training
- Our tracking team spend the entire
day watching every trip and ensuring your child is safe and protected.
- We have properly installed car seats
and booster seats for every child. We never compromise on this. If your child
is under the age of 12 and does not yet meet the weight and height requirements
to be out of a car seat, then we will ensure they are in one.
- Our Cab service can be completely
personalised. This means that your child doesn’t need to wait for others to be
collected or to have to hail a cab when school finishes. Our driver will be
ready and waiting for them to take them home or to their extramural.
- We have a variety of services to
choose from to suit your needs and budget. Our personalised Cool (kids’) Cab
service specifically designed for your family, our Cool (kids’) Cabbie service
which provides a cost-effective group lifting option and our The Big Yellow Bus
service for larger group transport to outings, parties and for school hire
- You will receive an SMS notification
to confirm your child has been collected and when your child has been safely
dropped off with their caregiver. This gives you peace of mind knowing that
they are safe.
- Our drivers and cars are fully
branded meaning that your child and teacher can clearly identify them. If using
another service how can you be sure that your child has got into the correct
- We will keep your child’s driver the
same so that they can develop a relationship with you and your child. Your
child should never be getting into a vehicle with a stranger. All their
information is downloadable on our website here: https://coolkidscabs.co.za/drivers/
We are more expensive than some other services out there, but we know why. We will NEVER compromise on the safety of your child and we hope you won’t either.